These are some of our biggest projects for the year:
Rube Goldberg Contest:
- TechGolf is the NU Chapter's annual engineering design competition.
The purpose of this event is to provide an opportunity for various
campus organizations to enter their miniature golf hole designs into
a large scale contest occupying most of the Technological Institute
("Tech") at Northwestern University. Once the golf course have been
created, Tech is opened up to the public to play and evaluate the
various holes. All proceeds from the participant entrance fees go to
a local charity selected by Theta Tau members.
- TechGolf is chaired by Fei Yeh (email@example.com).
- Rube Goldberg contest started in Purdue University by Phi chapter of
Theta Tau there. See the Rube Goldberg
Machine Contest Homepage for more details.
- This year we are trying to get as many Tech
Student Groups as possible involved to make just one machine.
We will debut it at McCormick Engineers' Week in the spring.
- Next year we will hold an actual competition and send the winner
to the National Competition.
- Rube is chaired by Jacob Greenberg firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dance Marathon is the biggest Northwestern University philanthropy.
It starts on Friday night at 8:00 p.m. and the couples will dance until
Sunday morning (2 a.m.) for a total of 30 hours!!
(It's on March 5, 6 and 7 in 1999.)
- The cost for each couple is $700. This money will come from canning
in the city of Chicago and close-by suburbs, as well as any other
fundraisers we decide to do.
- This year, the proceeds will go to the Children's Heart
Foundation and the Evanston Community Foundation.
- We are not dancing this year, but many of our members are involved
in volunteering for DM!
- Our goal is to issue a newsletter twice a year - the first newletter
went out this fall!!
- The Alumni Committee, headed by Mike Lakhovsky (email@example.com), is in charge
of the newsletter.
- The Professional Development Committee exists, and I'm sure has
been active, but I'm still in the process of getting that information.
Theta Tau Activities / Rebecca Juarez / firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified on 2/13/99